Cranberry Pine Nut Scones:
2 cups Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons Pine nuts
2 handfuls of dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Put the pine nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat. Toast until golden. Add the butter and heat just until melted.
3. Put the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, measure the milk, mix in the egg, and melted butter/pine nuts. Stir until combined.
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the flour until just combined. Knead lightly with your hands a few times until the dough sticks together. (It’s not too messy, don’t worry).
6. Pat into a circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. The dough will be about 1.5 inches thick and the circle will be 7 or so inches in diameter.
7. Using a very sharp knife, cut into wedges. Distribute these wedges around the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly golden.
These freeze well.