I loved the modified version so much that I never felt a need to visit KFC ever again. There are several modifications available resulting from attempts to make a copy of KFC’s original recipe.
Some Considerations when cooking KFC original recipe:
- Use whole black cardamom pods instead of commercial cardamom powder.
- Do not substitute the seasoned dark chili powder with white pepper.
- Grind all herbs and spices in a clean coffee grinder before using it for marinating.
- To get the best quality herbs and spices, shop in an ethnic market.
- To get the authentic taste, do not substitute this method with any other.
- Do not fry the chicken at a high temperature. To cook anything perfectly from the inside, fry on a low flame.
The combination of herbs, spices, and techniques was a taste picked up from KFC’s original recipe. Be sure to get the freshest, best quality ingredients. Be careful not to overcook it. Serve hot!