A creamy, savory casserole with tender chicken, herbed stuffing, and a golden-brown crust, fresh out of the oven on a chilly evening. That’s the kind of homestyle comfort you can expect from this Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, a dish that wraps you in warmth and nostalgia from the first bite.
Why This Recipe Is A Must-Try Whether you’re a seasoned home chef or a kitchen novice, this recipe is straightforward, incredibly satisfying, and just plain delicious. It’s perfect for those who appreciate a meal that feels like a warm hug.
Perfect for Family Dinners and Potlucks This casserole is ideal for anyone looking to serve a crowd-pleasing dish at family gatherings, or potlucks, or to have leftovers that only get better with time.
- 2 pounds of chicken tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 10.5 ounce can cream of celery soup
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup milk
- 6-ounce box Stove Top chicken stuffing mix
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth (see notes below)
- fresh or dried parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray an 11×7-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Cut 2 pounds of chicken tenderloins into bite-sized pieces and place them into the baking dish.
- Toss the chicken pieces with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 10.5 ounces can cream of celery soup, 10.5 ounces can cream of chicken soup, and 1/4 cup milk until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces and smooth it out, so all of the chicken is covered.
- Evenly sprinkle the 6-ounce box Stove Top chicken stuffing mix on top.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups chicken broth on top of the stuffing mix, and make sure that all of the stuffing is moistened by the broth.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Take the foil off and bake for an additional 5 minutes to lightly brown the top.
- Garnish with fresh or dried parsley (optional) and serve. When serving, scoop up some of the gravy at the bottom and drizzle it over each serving.